Students in my Storytelling through New Media class write flash memoirs as one of many types of personal storytelling popularized through new media formats. I collected these resources for the Fall 2014 class, and I suspect the list will continue to grow and evolve as we explore new resources.
Helpful (and short) posts from Flashmemoirs.com
- What makes a flash story?
- How to craft the twist
- How to move from journal entry to flash memoir
- Economize with setting descriptions
- Go small to go big later
- Create associations for readers
- Blind your inner editor
- Pros and cons of present tense in memoir
- View more posts in these archives: Writing Tips, Flash Basics, and Sample Stories
Resources from elsewhere around the web
- What is flash memoir?
- Writing Tips: 25 Rules For Keeping It Short And Snappy
- More places to find flash memoirs online