Using these apps gives you an easy way to turn photos and video clips into custom content for your projects.
- Cartoonize Video (for Windows — free trial available)
- Image Cartoonizer (Windows)
- Photo Effects #2 – Visual Effects (Mac): “Turn any picture in to a work of art. Supports 18 different effects. Effects include Mosaic, Cartoon, Emboss, Fractal Trace, Photo Copy, Charcol, Twist and many more. Also work with your built in camera. “
- Cartoonize.net (photo converter)
- Cartoon.Pho.to: “Photo caricatures and photo to cartoon in one click! Want to see a face in a photo change expressions and emotions? Upload a portrait photo and create a gif animated face online. Use picture to cartoon effect to get more fun!”
- Portrait Illustration Maker (make your own avatar)
- Free Photo to Cartoon
- Cartoon Maker
- Toon Camera (photos and video)
- iMajiCam: real time video effects
- Toon Recorder
- Cartoonatic: “Cartoonatic ads amazing cartoon, sketch and art filters to your videos. Plus you can change video speed, add soundracks and apply cartoon filters to your pictures. It’s fun and creative.”
- Cartoon Video Maker
- Browse AppShopper.com
- 10 Best Websites to Create Free Cartoons from Your Photos
- Convert Your Pictures Into Comic Cartoons Using MomentCam (iOS and Android)
Here’s a demo of Cartoon the World, which I made back in 2012. The app hasn’t been updated in a while, so I’d recommend looking for a newer app.
I made this animated GIF of Sassy on campus by filming it with ToonCamera for iPhone and converting it using GIFBrewery for Mac.